Happy Christmas! I wonder what Christmas treats you have ready for your parlor visitors.... fruit cake, mince pies... I don't think you have Christmas pudding in the US, do you?
I spent a long time looking at the painting you posted by Edward Burne-Jones. Those angels look so tall and thin. I did some research because Burne-Jones is an artist I haven't come across before. He was born in the same city in the UK as my husband (Birmingham). In a different century though! And it seems elongated figures were part of his style. Thank you for inspiring me to add to my artistic knowledge. Thank you also for Francis de Sales' words.
Happy Christmas to you, too, Sue! Hope you'll look back in here :).... I have been away from the computer a lot this week (as have most of us, I suspect), but I'll probably get back into a regular "blogging rhythm" before too long.
I find so many painters online! I did know of Burne-Jones beforehand, mostly through my artist son who likes some of his work, but I hadn't seen this particular painting until about a year ago.
No Christmas pudding here, no mince pies. I've never had either. We do have fruit cake. People make decorated Christmas cookies, and various candies.
Nancy, I actually found my rhythm during this Christmas season .. Leave it to me to do everything backwards LOL Love all your St Frances de Sales quotes.Every one of them resonates with me. Blessings always +
Nancy,
ReplyDeleteHappy Christmas! I wonder what Christmas treats you have ready for your parlor visitors.... fruit cake, mince pies... I don't think you have Christmas pudding in the US, do you?
I spent a long time looking at the painting you posted by Edward Burne-Jones. Those angels look so tall and thin. I did some research because Burne-Jones is an artist I haven't come across before. He was born in the same city in the UK as my husband (Birmingham). In a different century though! And it seems elongated figures were part of his style. Thank you for inspiring me to add to my artistic knowledge. Thank you also for Francis de Sales' words.
God bless!
Happy Christmas to you, too, Sue! Hope you'll look back in here :).... I have been away from the computer a lot this week (as have most of us, I suspect), but I'll probably get back into a regular "blogging rhythm" before too long.
DeleteI find so many painters online! I did know of Burne-Jones beforehand, mostly through my artist son who likes some of his work, but I hadn't seen this particular painting until about a year ago.
No Christmas pudding here, no mince pies. I've never had either. We do have fruit cake. People make decorated Christmas cookies, and various candies.
A blessed new year to your lovely family!
Nancy, I actually found my rhythm during this Christmas season .. Leave it to me to do everything backwards LOL
ReplyDeleteLove all your St Frances de Sales quotes.Every one of them resonates with me.
Blessings always +
Smile :)!!!!
DeleteThank you, Caroline!
Thank you, Colleen!
ReplyDelete