Friday, July 26, 2013

Summer Sharing



Let's talk!



As always, Clicking on this line will take you right back to the Cloistered Heart blog.

Clicking here will take you back to The Chapel blog

24 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the Parlor! I'm sorry comments didn't work out on The Cloistered Heart, but at least we can still visit right here. Thank you again for your patience.

    Let's talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always soaking in quotes about light. i feel very unprayerful (if that is even a word) but to keep me humble it does not seem to matter to God; as soon as I glance his way, a big grin spreads across my face and my eyes flicker becuase ther is light in my eyes and heat on my face and arms. Absolutely nothing to do with me. it sure is killing my pharisaical side.
    lovely painting, as usual

    ReplyDelete
  3. And isn't it such a grace when our pharisaical side begins to die?! Thanks, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy, I'm never sure if I've negotiated the comments right.. : ) But I LOVE the Scriptures on who Jesus is.. Over and over till their in my heart and memory! +

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline - that is my goal... to repeat these over and over (as prayer, really) until they are etched into my heart. May He make it so for us both, for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nancy, too bad the commbox didn't work...but I really like the Parlour! It appeals to my feminine heart, the idea of sharing tea and company and exchanging thoughts. It's such a lovely way to combine your blog with our conversation.

    I'm really enjoying your scriptural posts. This last one on the titles and attributes of Jesus is beautiful. It reminds me of a 'cheat sheet' I was given when I first went to a Charismatic parish. It's a real help in prayer; thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post on the titles of Jesus are wonderful for meditation. My favorite saying of Jesus is "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life." The Way - how many ways we can imitate Jesus in our lives! The Truth - Look at Him, hear Him all who seek truth. He is. He is Person. The Life - without Jesus in our hearts we are dead, just a being going through the motions of living and dying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks very much, Tess and Barb. I had "cheat sheets" also in a group years ago... titles of Jesus. Had several pages of them... I should go look in my files for those! I used them in prayer quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it takes so many years to allow His love to soak through all the layers, shine into all my dark closets, memories and even my generational lines. It is worth the long journey,though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy,

    I am happy to be back in the parlor! I know it's only a blog page really, but it feels like the real thing. It must be the company I meet here.

    Would you believe I have forgotten what I was going to say? I should open two pages at once (Cloistered Heart and parlor) and then I could click between them as I comment.

    Looking back through the comments... His love.. Yes! I must reread the Song of Songs.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have named the exact pros and cons I see of the parlor! It feels set-aside and "parlor-ish" - and yet we can forget what we came here to say :)!

      Delete
    2. yup.. a parlor is safe, you understand andtrust that you are among friends, no one will take anything you say the wrong way or attack you. yup a very frine place

      Delete
  11. Absolutely! Without praise of God, I find my mind wandering more than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Chapel is lovely and perfect! A bit of heaven on the Internet and a very welcome respite from all our worldly cares which weigh so heavily on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This means a great deal coming from you, for your blog is a lovely touch of heavenly prayer!

      Delete
  13. powerful imagery that takes me straight to my own inner chapel and tabernacle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie. I see more and more how Our Lord comes to us just where we are... even on the Internet.

      Delete
  14. Nancy, praising God for inspiring the Chapel. It is beautiful and I will visit often. Thank you for listening to the Holy Spirit's inspiration!

    St Clare, pray for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn - your kind comment means a lot to me. May St. Clare indeed pray for all of us!

      Delete
  15. Happy feast of St. Jane Frances de Chantal! Prayed for you and your writing and for all the "cloistered hearts" in a special way this morning.

    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used your quote again from the unfnown religious; I think that this could be a series of quotes from here-cited this blog of course

    LOVE the larger pics on the side

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The unknown religious is such a wonderful find. She/he seems to have been Australian, and a friend of mine there retrieved a marvelous work from the TRASH (eeek).. it was called The Living Pyx of Jesus. Out of print and INCREDIBLY expensive if it can be found at all (and a group was throwing a copy in the trash!!). My generous friend sent this to me some years ago, as she said it is "so very cloistered heart." Since then, another friend here in the States found some copies of the same author's works (all old and out of print) reasonably priced and bought them all. She comes through town now and then, and loans me a book or two, and I give her back what she loaned me previously. What a great system! Thanks be to God!

      Delete